Temporary changes to Air New Zealand Dreamliner services for select Australia flights.
UPDATE: 12 Jan 2018
Hi Fly continues to operate services on behalf of Air New Zealand, the travel periods for these services have been extended to operate:
• AKLSYD (NZ105, 101, 102, 705, 108, 708) until 08 Mar 2018.
• AKLPER (NZ175 + 176) until 23 Feb 2018.
The aircraft currently operating between Auckland - Perth will change to an aircraft with a more comfortable experience for travel from 16 Jan 2018.
Due to unexpected engine maintenance on its Dreamliner aircraft, Air New Zealand has leased planes from Hi Fly in order to maintain its schedule. This affects some flights travelling from Auckland-Sydney and vice versa, Auckland-Perth and vice versa.
The key differences in the customer experience are listed below:
- The aircraft won’t have the familiar Koru on the tail.
- Hi Fly crew and pilots will operate the aircraft, as Air NZ crew are not trained to operate the A340 and A330 aircraft. Air New Zealand crew will be on board to ensure customers feel at home during their journey and to assist the Hi Fly crew. Hi Fly is well regarded in the airline industry.
- The interior has a different configuration and look and feel to it.
- The A330 doesn’t have Premium Economy and Business class does not convert into a lie flat bed.
- Inflight entertainment will differ and there are currently some technical difficulties. Air New Zealand recommends customers:
- Bring their own personal electronic device. There is no in-seat charging capability so we customers to fully charge devices prior to departure and to take headphones.
- Bring their own reading material.
- Customers with special requirements (such as unaccompanied minors, medical assistance and wheelchair requests) should be booked on Air New Zealand operated aircraft only.
If you require any further information about your flight please contact the Mix & Match team on 0800 367 468 or email@example.com