Online Travel Insurance with Mix & Match
As the travel experts – we know that no matter how planned your travel is there is the possibility something can go wrong. Don’t leave it to risk – trust us and take out Travel Insurance with Mix & Match.
Provided by world leading travel assistance provider Allianz Global Assistance, you are guaranteed:
- 24/7 Medical or Emergency Assistance from anywhere in the world.
- Cover for business travel as well as personal
- Cover for cancellation even before you travel
- Easy online assessment for any pre-existing medical conditions
- Policy options to suit any traveller
- Free cover for travelling dependants under the age of 21
Please check the full policy wording for a complete list of benefits, terms & conditions and policy limits.
Basic covers the main risks faced by a traveller with restricted benefits and lower policy limits. Available for travellers up to 70 years of age. It even covers recreational sports coverage and rental vehicle excess cover.
Comprehensive is our top of the range product with higher limits and extended benefits. This policy offers the following additional options; specified item coverage, no excess and Private Hospital care in Australia and the UK.
For those who travel abroad regularly during the year, this option covers all trips (up to 60 days duration per trip) taken during a 12 month period. Available for travellers up to 70 years of age.
Simply complete the details in the Quote section above, or click 'book online' below. During this process you will have the opportunity to compare the different plans we have available in more detail, view any additional options such as cover for specified items and pre-existing medical conditions and even save a no-obligation quote if you wish.
Please find the policy terms and conditions below. This document details the benefits, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions available under each plan. It is advisable that you read and understand that you read and understand this – under the standard terms and conditions we allow you a 14-day free look period provided your trip has not commenced.
Click here to view the Policy Wording
> Full Insurance Policy Wording
How to make a claim
To make a claim please click here to be taken to our online claims portal.
As part of your claim you may be required to:
1. Provide us with supporting documentation such as original invoices, receipts, and other vouchers relating to your expenses or loss.
2. Produce your policy details
3. Provide us with all the information we require to enable us to consider the claim.
What documentation is required to make a claim
You must give us any information we reasonably ask for to support your claim at your expense, such as, but not limited to, police reports, valuations, medical reports, receipts or proof of ownership. If required, we may ask you to provide us with translations into English of such documents to enable us to carry out our assessment of your claim.
• For loss or theft of your baggage or personal effects you should notify the local police or local government authority with 24 hours and you must obtain a copy of the incident report.
• For damage or misplacement of your baggage or personal effects caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they make.
• For medical or dental claims please contact Allianz Global Assistance as soon as practicable and ensure that you retain all reports, receipts, doctor’s certificates and other information.
• For cancellation or amendment claims, you will be required to provide written confirmation from the travel provider (e.g. airline, cruise, travel agent etc) that the travel arrangements we’re cancelled and if any refunds or credits are applicable.
Important claims information
We will pay all claims in New Zealand dollars. We will pay you unless you tell us to pay someone else. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense. An excess may apply to your claims as stated on your Certificate of Insurance. Depreciation will be applied to claims for Luggage and Personal Effects at such rates as reasonably determined by Allianz Global Assistance. If you can make a claim against someone in relation to a loss or expense covered under this policy and you do not get paid the full amount of your claim, we will make up the difference. You must claim from them first.
If you require emergency assistance while you are travelling you should contact Allianz Global Assistance. When you call please have your name, policy number, details describing your emergency and a contact phone number, including area code to provide ready for the operator.
Within New Zealand: 0800 486 686
Australia Toll Free: 1 800 554 114
UK Toll Free: 0808 589 3893
USA Toll Free: 1 800 326 1543
Reverse charge call through telephone operator: +64 9 486 6868
It is important that travellers tell us immediately when they become aware of any circumstances that may give rise to a claim. If you require assistance with a claim while overseas, you need to call us and we will give advice on what to do. If you are asked to submit a claim, you must do this within 30 days of your return to New Zealand. To reduce delays in processing a claim, travellers should ensure documentation is submitted at the time of claim.
Contact Allianz Global Assistance
FREEPHONE WITHIN NEW ZEALAND
Phone Number: 0800 800 048
Fax Number: 0800 800 167
TO CALL FROM OVERSEAS
Sales Support: +64 9 486 0048
Claims and Emergency Assistance: +64 9 486 6868
P O Box 33 313, Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
When you call, Allianz Global Assistance require:Allianz Global Assistance advice is available for all services related to:
• medical and hospital
• legal expenses
• evacuation and travel
1. Your name
2. Your policy number and selected plan
3. Details of your emergency
4. A contact phone number, including area code
Wherever possible you should lodge your claim with us on your return to New Zealand. If you do require assistance while you are away, please call us.
This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.
For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's financial strength rating, please refer to the following Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policy Holder Preference Disclosure Notice.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited has an AA- insurer financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor's (Australia) Pty Limited.
The rating scale* in summary form is:
AAA Extremely Strong, BBB Good, CCC Very Weak
AA Very Strong, BB Marginal, CC Extremely Weak
A Strong, B Weak, R Regulatory Action
Plus (+) or minus (-): Ratings from "AA" to "CCC" may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standings within the major rating categories.
*A full description of the rating scale is available via www.allianz.co.nz/insurer-rating.
An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if Allianz Australia Insurance Limited is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.